I am 7 months old!
1. I crawl! I crawl all over the place. Sometimes on my hands and knees, sometimes army style. I do whatever it takes to get Payton’s toys. Once she sees me make a move she snatches them up quick, so I have to be quicker!
2. I eat. Lots! Even if I don’t like a certain food…I eat it anyways! They call me a bottomless pit. My favorites: zucchini, butternut squash, chunks of sweet potato, chunks of banana/mandarin oranges/peaches, applesauce-broccoli, and peas. On top of that I still nurse 5 times a day…hehe…I make it super hard on Mama, she basically has to wrestle me down the whole time!
3. I sound like a pterodactyl. I like to yell and screech. Payton hates it! Yesterday while she was painting I crawled under her art easel and started talking to her, she told me “Miles you have to be quiet! You be quiet while I do my paintings!”. She talks to much that sometimes I have to talk a bit louder to get some attention!
4. I have 2 little teeth coming in! My 2 little front bottom teeth. Sometimes I am a bit fussy and need to be held, but for the most part I am quite a little trooper! …and yes, I like to toot my own horn. =) Toot toot!
5. I LOVE my family, it upsets me so much when they leave me. I feel supported with Mommy and when she hands me to someone else, I get scared and sad. Daddy, he is my guy, he always brings a smile to my face! I get so excited when he gets home from work! And big sister Payton…if there is one person who can make me laugh…it is definitely her. She is silly and goofy, I love being around her.
6. I take 2 solid naps…only because Mom makes me. I am a sleeper…like Mommy. Still sleeping through the night! Toot toot!
7. Some of my favorites: I love reading books, I love dumping out whatever it is Mama just picked up, I love to eat Payton’s puzzle pieces, I love to eat Payton’s dolls, basically if it’s Payton’s…I love to eat it. I love musical instruments and I love to chase balls around!
…What can I say…I am pretty awesome! =)
If you don’t feed me now…I swear, so help me…
Oh Mama…got ya…I was just kidding!
Posted in school!
Tagged 2 years old, 6 months old, Faith United, Family, favorite things, first day of music, first day of school, ITBS, Kids, Life, little moments, miles, Monkey Class, motherhood, music class, payton, preschool, toddler
Lately Payton likes to play with her pretend kitchen a lot. Usually she pretends we are going to subway and makes us all sandwiches. So the other day…
Payton: Ok guys, come into my playroom, it’s time to go to Subway, it’s time for dinner.
So we all go in to the playroom.
Payton: Look, I made you dinner!
Me: Oh yeah, what is it?
Out of no where….
Payton: Georgia, she is my guy.
Me: She is your best friend?
Payton: Yup, she’s my best guy.
Payton was walking around eating a snack and set her bowl down somewhere…
Payton: Hey Mama, where did I put my snack?
Me: I don’t know where you put it.
Payton continues walking around looking for it and finds it.
Me: So, where did you put your snack?
Payton: Mom! <sigh> I put it in my mouth!
If she knew the word “duh!” I’m pretty sure that’s what she would have said. 2 going on 12 over here.
Payton was making me and all of her baby dolls cupcakes. She set a bowl out for Marsha, Gabby, Lucy-Loo, Pheobe, and CeCe. I assume that one of those bowls with a cupcake in it were mine, so I picked one up and started to pretend eat it…
Payton: Hey! Hey! This is for….NOT you!!
Right now she gets the word “because” and “so” mixed up…so we get a lot of this…
Payton: I wear sunscreen today so it’s sunny!
Payton: You make me dinner now so I’m hungry.
Payton: I need my umbrella so it is rainy.
Payton can’t say water guns…so…
Payton: When Daddy gets home from work is he going to play bubble gums with me?!!!
Posted in Toddler Talk
Tagged 2 years old, c, Family, favorite things, Kids, Life, little moments, motherhood, payton, toddler, toddler talk
Every single day from 1:20-1:40 I want to pull my hair out. I hate nap time. Putting a talking toddler to bed is a nightmare. It goes a little something like this:
Me: Payton, let’s go potty and get a drink of water.
P: Nope, not right now, I don’t need a go potty.
Me: Ok, well it’s nap time, so let’s go get in bed.
P: No! I need to go potty and get a drink of water!
Me (laughing, and not in a good way): Ok then, potty and water.
P slumps up the stairs on her bottom one by one, then literally drags her feet on the ground to the bathroom. Then stands in the bathroom just looking around.
Me: Payton, take off your pull up and get on the potty please.
P: Nooooo…you do it!
I take of her tutu and her very dry pull up, then plop her on the potty.
P: You go downstairs and wait. Go waaaaaay downstairs far away and wait. Go Mama.
Me: No Payton, I’ll wait for you here. One more minute to try. (Oh and on a side note, she isn’t potty trained, she only has to go potty when it is convenient to delay something, such as nap time.)
Then I pull her off and pick up her pull up.
Me: Ok Payton, put your pull up on.
P: Noooooooo. I don’t want that pull up, it has pee in it! I don’t want it, it’s dirty! Go get me a new diaper. Not a pull up, I need a baby diaper.
Me: Payton this pull up is clean, you are going to wear it. You don’t get a drink of water until you put it on.
Finally she puts it on. I fill up her cup with water.
P: Nooooo! Bigger! More water! (Falls to the ground flailing and screaming.) More water!
Me: I’m going to dump this water out, do you want it or not?
P: (Sits up quickly) Yes Mama, I want it. (Then sits on the ground taking baby sips, sip by tiny sip by tiny sip.)
Me: One more sip and bedtime. Put your cup on the counter please.
P: Noooooo…I’m not done! (I shoot her a glare…she puts it on the counter.)
Me: Ok, into bed now.
She drags her feet as slow as possible. I finally pick her up and put her in the bed, turn her fan and noise machine on. Cover her up.
Me: I’ll sing you one song today and scratch your back…Twinkle twinkle little
P: Nooooo! Sing ABC’s!!
Me: A, B, C, D……
Me: Ok now let me turn your music on and time for bed. (Turns music on and shutting door.)
P: Noooooo Mama (runs to the door) I have to go pee and get some water!
Me: No Payton, we already went pee and had a drink of water.
P: Mama, I have to pee again! Again! (Falls on floor flailing about.) Again! Again! I have to pee again!
Me: No Payton. No. Get in bed or there will be no music for nap time.
P: Again! Again! I have to pee! I need water!
Me: That’s one.
P: I have to give Miles hugs!
Me: That’s two.
P: I have to give Miles hugs and kisses! But Miiiiiiiiiilleeessssssssssss!
Me: That’s th (and Payton gets in bed before I finish the word three).
P: Scratch my back! Sing to me!
Me: Payton, we already did that. I am going to give you kisses and leave, it’s time for night night.
P: (Shakes head back and forth as fast as she can.) Nooooo! I don’t want kisses! No kisses!
Me: Ok then sweet pea, no kisses. I love you lots, night night. (shuts door)
P: Nooooooooo! I have to pee! Mama…I have to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I walk away, she fusses for a while…then 25% of the time takes a nap and 75% of the time plays in her room. Ahhhhhhh! Every.Single.Day. And this is the shortened version!
The result -
Some days we get this:
Most of the days we get this (and clearly she is tired!):
And oh how I miss this:
I put on a fitted tank top…
PJ: Mommy, is there a baby in your belly?
Me: Umm no dear.
Cue Byron rolling on the floor in laughter. Cue extra ab work for me.
My little sweetie…
Me: Payton pie, Mommy has a headache.
PJ: Oh no, you don’t feel good? Can I put a Band-Aid on your head and give you some medicine? Can I give you hugs and kisses? Do you need some little snuggles?
Payton turns around quick and runs into a tower fan knocking it over and it falls on the ground. Payton flails about whining.
Daddy: Payton, the fan was there first, you have to watch where you are going.
PJ: Daddy! Daddy! YOU have to move it out of MY way!
PJ: Mama what time is it?
PJ: Oh ok.
PJ: What time is it?
Me: Still 3:30.
PJ: Oh ok, I see.
PJ: What time is it?
Me: Stiilllll 3:30. Still 3:30.
PJ: Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok. Yeah, I thought so. That’s what I thought.
Me: Payton, take off those shoes before you trip and fall…they are way too small.
Me: That’s one.
Me: That’s two.
PJ: NOOOO! (Slowly walks down the hallway shaking her head side to side, holding the shoes in her hands, and under her breath says…) Damnit.
This lovely discussion was emailed out by Payton’s summer camp teacher:
“Payton , what are you doing love?”
“Why yes you are.. how about we paint the paper instead?”
“No, I like painting Georgie.. “
Her best friend Georgie-bug: